With Melbourne’s café culture thriving now more than ever, it could be the ideal time to buy or sell. A popular way to break into business ownership, the dream of running a café has seduced many over the years, and with good reason.
After all, who doesn’t love a warm drink, breakfast and cakes? There will always be a need for the basics of life, and in so many areas now good coffee and quick, satisfying food is becoming a necessity. Not to mention the social aspects of getting together with friends in an age when many homes are too small to entertain and people are too busy to prepare a meal. That’s where cafes are the perfect all-round venue to catch up. This is reflected in the industry growth figures, with 3.2% growth from 2010-2015.
The benefits to both buyers and sellers when taking note of ‘Café For Sale’ notices are many…
Benefits of Buying a Cafe
- Becoming your own boss
- Relatively easy business to learn
- It is possible to turn around the fortunes of a once-struggling café, creating a high value for a low investment
- The ability to put your own unique mark on the café scene
- The financial freedom profit brings
- Drinking free coffee whenever you want it!
If you’ve done your preparation and know what you’re in for, buying a café for sale could be an excellent move to secure your future.
Browsing the market for available cafes for sale is a good way to start. Why not take a look at some of the cafés for sale in Melbourne available on our website?
Benefits of Selling a Cafe
- Now is a popular time to buy, which also makes it an ideal time for successful business owners to cash out and capitalise on all their hard work
- Reinvest the funds into another project
- Get a good price now before your local market is saturated with too much competition
- An early retirement, if desired
- Enjoy sleeping in!
Knowing when to sell is just as important as knowing when to buy, but the right time is unique to each and every café situation. Oftentimes you will just get the feeling that you need to move on.
So if you’ve grown your business to the point where you are happy with it and are confident putting up your café for sale, why not contact a business broker to get the process started?